Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Friend Asked

"When's the last time you spent money on something other than food? " 

I sat there thinking for a while, kind of appalled I couldn't remember, since I'm rather fond of my memory.  But, chalk it up to the law degree for research skills, I pulled up my credit card statements online.  Even though a credit card generates more paper receipts, I'm an exclusive user of it, unless the place is cash only (such as a lovely farmer's market).  This is because it leaves a, for a lack of a better word, "paper" trail which means I'm on top of my finances.  I also firmly believe in paying off the entire balance on time- don't look at me as a contributor to this economic downturn.

Anyways, I checked this month's running statement, and unsurprisingly didn't find anything.  December?  Still a bunch of groceries and restaurants.  Finally, over 2 months back, on November 3rd, I confirmed replaced my broken earphones with a new set.  That is the last time I bought something new (that I couldn't eat).  I told this to another friend, who promptly replied, "You are nuts."

A fair point.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, luckily I got this post in before succumbing to rock climbing needs and computer upgrade material. Hopefully the REI Used Gear sale will be fruitful!

    ReplyDelete