Monday, February 8, 2010

How much stuff can a stuffed backpack carry?

You would think laundry would be a relatively simple task.  But of course, for somebody like me, it's a real endevour.  Pumpkin's laundry needed to be done, so I thought I'd be the best s/o ever and bring it over to my house where I have a washer and dryer and then bring it back all done the next day.  Door to door delivery, if you will.  

Also, that meant I could run the laundry on a weekday night (better for the environment, because it puts less demand on the grid but weekends work too) and air dry the heavier items in the backyard. 

Long story short, I ended up with this beast on my back the other day.  It included a few glass jars (always useful), some CSA meat (always delicious), and my bike u-lock (which I normally find heavy, but not so much that day).  Luckily the route was mostly downhill, but man, it's days like that I sort of wish I wasn't such a nut and drove my car.  Sort of.

Done!

Err, I mean, done!

No comments:

Post a Comment